“I can’t unsee that!!” & “I can’t stop staring!” – that’s all the three of us could say as we were throwing up in our mouths…
Okay… okay… let me back up a little bit.
Last night, my wife and two daughters headed to a nearby Middle School for my youngest’s track meet.
About halfway through the 400m heats, it happened!
A 60’s something woman with short rumpled hair – hemp fashioned safari-styled clothes and dragging along a Springer Spanial mix snuck in to sit right in front of my wife.
As we were watching the kids run past, my eyes scanned the scene in front of me … and jumping out of those “natural” trousers was a full moon! What made matters worse… we saw enough to be convinced she was going ‘commando’ too!
It shocked me so much – I had to share 😉
When I pointed it out to my wife… we about fell off the bleachers and then continued to hide from it for the rest of the meet!
Needless to say – we had to move. I was making a spectacle of myself since I couldn’t contain the laughter.
And… as we relocated – my wife said “I wonder if she couldn’t feel the breeeze.. how could you not??”
Then, I got to thinking… just because I don’t like to go commando on the public bleachers at a Middle School track meet and show off my bare seat doesn’t mean that others can’t (although I think they shouldn’t).
And, the same is true about how you run your business. What gives me the right to tell you how to do it?
And – if I were to do something so extreme as force you to do your marketing like I do mine – or build your list like I do mine – or sell your products and services like I do mine… that just makes me a pompous “full moon”.
That is the EXACT reason we set up Mystic Mailer to allow you to import any list from anywhere for any reason.
That’s right – we’re not some mindless “holyer that thou” troll that nitpicks where the names came from or what you’re going to do with them. And, unfortunately every other service out there (that I know) oppressively limits the email addresses you can inport.
In fact – here are the hoops you usually have to jump through to import your list in systems by the other guys.
1. Provide the IP address from each sign up.
2. Describe the disclaimer used for each person that signed up and when it was presented.
3. The nature of your previous communications with them
4. The purpose or type of product or service for your list
5. Proof of double opt-in for your list
So – here’s why we do it different.
1. I’ve build my lists over 30 years of doing real business with people. Some came through a business card or from a simple post-it note. I don’t have the IP addresses for everyone and I think the list owner should have the freedom of choice.
2. Required disclaimers and the use of email addresses changes over time. What’s to say that the old disclaimer is even relevant anymore. We think you should be able to treat your list with respect – how you define it.
3/4. Why should I have the power to accept or reject you sending email for any purpose in your business (except if it’s illegal)? I mean – come on… how controlling is that?
5. I have so many people on my list that got there from purchasing something, attending an event, or other path… that to requie a double opt-in makes no difference for the vast majority.
But – you want to know the REAL REASON THEY WANT SO MUCH CONTROL?
It’s because they have to protect their own domain to send messages on your behalf. If your list has some shady addresses on it – then you’ll screw up their system and they’ll go blind on paperwork trying to convince the internet filtering companies that they are legit. And, if they don’t do this right – or fast enough – it shuts down the whole system for everyone!
That’s why we don’t send email from our server on your behalf – we connect to your server and SEND MAIL THROUGH YOUR SERVER.
This means that as long as you behave – your mail will ALWAYS be delivered.
PS: We care so much about your freedom, we’re even pulling the switches and pushing the buttons to get our customers accounts set up to their first server gratis. So – if that’s what’s stopping you – now you have no excuse. https://MysticMailer.com